In this course, you will learn :
- A solid understanding of the mindset and attitude needed to encourage programming in your children.
- Tools and links to the best websites and apps for teaching kids how to code
- An overview of the best programming languages, platforms, and environments to help kids learn to code.
- Several digital and printable resources to help your children begin, progress, and advance their programming skills.
- All the resources you'll need to push your kids to the next level and keep them challenged for the foreseeable future.
- Setting Expectations
- Mindset and Motivation
- Sketching and Drawing
- Creating Mockups
- Programming Concepts with Spreadsheets
- Programming Languages
- Getting Kids Set Up
- Resources for Kids Programming
- Scratch - Programming for Beginners
- Alice - 3D Programming Environment
- Games That Make Programming Fun
- Coding on iPad
- Building Apps
- Unity - Building 3D/2D Games
- Online Communities and Forums
- Getting Involved in Computer Clubs
- The Raspberry Pi
- Recommended Books for Kids