In this course, you will learn :
- Lean, also known as Toyota Production System (TPS), is credited with revolutionising the auto industry by producing highly reliable and safe cars and trucks.
- This course will teach healthcare providers, administrators, engineers, and healthcare professional students how to apply Lean principles and tools to health care.
- They will learn how to identify and eliminate waste, create standardised work, use 5S, map Value streams, create process maps, conduct rapid improvement events (RIEs), level workflow, use A3 forms and Paredo charts, apply error proofing, and create effective visual controls.
1. Introduction to Applying TPS or Lean to Healthcare
- Why you should take this course.
- Why Toyota Production System (Lean)?
- What are the Fundamental Principles of Lean?
- How Does a Health System Implement Lean ?
- How and Why Did Denver Health Adopt Lean?
2. Waste Reduction
- Removing Waste: The Best Way to Reduce Cost
- Reducing Waste in Diagnostic Testing
3. Standardized Work and Preparing for Value Stream Mapping
- Standardized Work
- Medication Administration Video
4. Value Stream & Process Mapping, RIEs, and Leveling Flow
- Value Streams
- Process Mapping
- Rapid Improvement Events (RIE)
- Leveling Flow
- Leveling Clinic Flow - Lakesha Cotton