Isn't it past time to put an end to the deaths caused by preventable medical errors? In the United States, 100,000 patients die each year as a result of preventable errors. How can you assist in resolving this vexing issue? Knowledge is power, and this course will give you a thorough understanding of the issues and solutions. You can contribute to the solution.
1. Introduction: Who is Caring for Mary?
- Why Should You Take This Course?
- Who is Caring for Mary Overview
- Who was Caring for Mary?
- Quality, Safety and Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Systems and Quality
2. Applying Manufacturing Principles to Improve Healthcare
- Value Streams Digging Deeper
- Lessons We Can Learn from Industry
3. Healthcare Requires Teamwork
- Teamwork in Healthcare: How well do we work in teams?
- Athletic Principles in Healthcare
- Launching and Coaching Healthcare Teams
- Overview of TeamSTEPPS
4. Understanding and Preventing Human Error
- Medical Errors the Human Toll
- To Err Is Human
- Little Problems Workarounds7m
- Run Charts
- How Reliable is Healthcare?
- How Can We Reduce Human Error?
- What Happens When a Patient is Harmed?
5. We All Can Lead: Becoming an Adaptive Leader
- Who Should Lead?
- Adaptive Leaders: A Necessity for Fixing Healthcare Delivery
- Practice Adaptive Leadership
6. How Organizing People can Drive Change in Healthcare Delivery
- What can Samuel Adams Teach Us About Fixing Healthcare Delivery?
- Organizing in Healthcare: The Early Phase
- One-on-Ones and Personal Narrative
- Leadership, Strategy, Tactics & Action
7. Immunity to Change, Examples of Successful Patient Care Initiatives, and Final Summary
- Immunity to Change
- Summing it all up
- What can I do?