This is an open-access learning opportunity for lifelong learning. The goal is to identify the value and implications of using established and emerging technology tools for personal and professional growth, as well as to acquire strategies for developing lifelong learning habits in order to keep up with technological change. This course is designed to meet the needs of ALL learners, including college students, faculty, current and prospective professionals, and anyone from around the world who wants to learn how to use emerging technologies to succeed in today's rapidly changing world.
1. Lifelong Learning
- Introduction - Exploring Emerging Technologies for Lifelong Learning and Success
- Navigating #EmTechMOOC
- Navigating EmTechWIKI
- Add Resources or Edit EmTechWIKI
- Lifelong Learning
- 7 ½ Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners
- Growth vs. Fixed Mindset
- Digital Footprint/Identity
- Creative Commons
2. Communication and Collaboration
- You will evaluate and use selected technology and social media tools to communicate, collaborate, and form partnerships with peers or colleagues. Use this opportunity to build your personal and professional networks as you make connections locally and across the globe.
- You will select and evaluate technology and social media tools to enhance your creativity. Experiment and find your creative voice.
4. Critical Thinking
- You will demonstrate critical thinking and digital literacy skills by analyzing, evaluating, and curating information. You will learn to analyze facts to make balanced judgments.
5. Summarize Your Learning
- Reflect on your achievements, as well as on the accomplishments of your fellow learners. You will participate in an ePortfolio peer-review activity. Reflect on what you have learned and identify lifelong learning goals and construct a framework for achieving these goals.