In this course, you will learn :
- How to look for feelings and emotions in a portrait. Then, investigate the materials required, which range from coloured pencils to brushes and spray paints.
- How to select the best reference image by considering the light source, angles, and gaze.
- Explore the power of colour, as well as which colours Nikolas prefers to use and why in order to elicit specific emotions.
- How to make layers with shadows to give your artwork a three-dimensional appearance. To add interest and personality to your piece, experiment with creative accidents.
1. Materials and Tips before We Start
- Portraits That Reflect Emotion
- Brushes and Spray Paint
- Creating Light with White Spirit
2. Synthesis and Colors
- How to Choose the Right Reference Image
- The Power of Colors
- Preparing Our Canvas
- Create the Grid
- Shadow Layers
- Creating Accidents and Using Colors
4. Observing Our Painting
- Adding Elements to Make Our Work Stand Out
- Deciding When to Stop