In this course, you will learn :
- The goal of this course is to teach you what a DAW (digital audio workstation) is, why Ableton Live is a unique DAW, how to work with midi instruments and audio material, and much more.
1. Introduction and Understanding the Interface
- What is a DAW?
- What Makes Ableton Live Unique?
- Arrangement View and Session View
- Using Live's Browser
- Ableton Live's Preferences
2. Clips, the Building Blocks of Ableton Live
- What are Clips?
- What is MIDI?
- MIDI Clips
- Difference Between Audio and MIDI Clips
- What is Warping?
3. Working with Audio Clips
- Importing Audio Loops
- Clip Launch Quantization
- Basic Clip Launch Properties
- Basic Clip Envelopes
- Follow Action with Clip Envelopes
4. Working with MIDI Clips/Instruments
- Introducing the Drum Rack
- Using the Computer Keyboard as a MIDI Controller
- Draw Mode in MIDI Clip
- Basic MIDI Clip Editing (Note Placement, Velocity, and Quantization)
- Recording Automation in Real Time
5. MIDI and Audio Clips Together
- Using MIDI Clips to Compliment Audio Clips
- What are Scenes?
- Naming Scenes and Launch Tempo
- Editing Scenes
- Recording to Arrange, Export, and Save