In this course, you will :
- Explore small-scale architecture concepts such as cradle-to-cradle design and circular economy, and learn about their environmental impact.
- Learn about various environmental protocols and their benefits.
- Learn how to source environmentally friendly materials and make a shopping list based on the project you want to create.
- Create a strong design strategy by first creating a mood board of references.
- Create your design by sketching out the structural framework of your installation.
- Learn how to use 3D modelling and rendering to create an engaging spatial experience. Use what you've learned about the circular economy to devise a strategy for reusing the components of your design in the future.
- Izaskun walks you through the production process, beginning with the logistics of your installation.
- Learn how to design prototypes, mockups, and samples to aid in the next stage of production: funding.
- Learn about the various funding options for your projects, including crowdfunding, grants, and other financial assistance.
1. Identifying the Design Ingredients through Environmental Principles
- Two Environmental Paradigms Applied to Small Scale Architecture
- Repurposing Objects: Choosing Those That Better Fit Your Design
- Sources for Materials, Products and Objects
- Comparing Possibilities and Building a Final List
2. Developing a Powerful Visual, Spatial and Structural Design Strategy
- Creating an Attractive and Engaging Visual Result
- Searching for Structural Stability
- Exploring Spatial Possibilities
- Planning Dismantling and Networking
- Planning the Logistics
- The Role of Prototypes, Mock-ups and Samples
- Participation of Volunteers in Construction
- The Site Construction
- Presentation of the Project in Your Portfolio