In this course, you will learn:
- Where design thinking fits into product development and what it can help you achieve. He describes each step in the process, from identifying the problem you want to solve and brainstorming solutions, to prototyping, development, and release.
- Learn about the pros and cons of this approach and how to overcome challenges such as organization inertia and silos. Done right, design thinking can start your organization moving toward broader user-centered design techniques such as information architecture, content testing, usability testing, and marketing research.
- What is design thinking?
- What you should know
1. Where Design Thinking Fits in a Business
- Agile, lean, and design thinking
- Who's involved in a design thinking exercise?
- What design thinking helps you to achieve
2. Design Thinking Isn't Magic
- Celebrity design thinking vs. real design thinking
- Design thinking is actually designed doing
- Prepare for a hard sell and some hard work
3. The Design Thinking Process
- Finding the real problem
- Paper prototyping
- Implementation planning
4. Pros and Cons of Design Thinking
- Design thinking in non-agile organizations
- Communication and course correction
- Time to market, testing your ideas
- Offshoring and outsourcing
5. Making Design Thinking Happen in Your Organization
- Guerilla design thinking
- Organizational inertia and silos
- Track your successes
- Design thinking as a Trojan horse