In this course, you will learn:
- Explain the anthropological approach's main points and the regions on which it concentrates.
- Major features of our evolving society should be questioned.
- Confront your viewpoint with a variety of cultural references.
- Through research questions, consider today's reality and your role as a social actor.
1. What is anthropology?
- The profession of anthropologist
- Anthropology myths
2. The Basics of Kinship
- Theoretical notions
- Make family at a distance
- Kazakh relatives
- Virtual marriage
- The commodification of social relations
3. Anthropology of politics and religion
- Case study 1: Burkina Faso
- Case study 2: Cape Verde
4. Anthropology of virtual worlds
- An anthropologist in World of Warcraft