In this course, you will :
- Describe the scope of the field of anthropology;.
- Describe the scope of the field of forensic anthropology;.
- Identify the major bones of the human skeleton;.
- Distinguish human bones from animal bones;.
- Estimate sex of the individual from skeletal elements;.
- Estimate the age at death of the individual from skeletal elements;.
- Estimate the height and weight of the individual at death;.
- Calculate the minimum number of individuals in a skeletal assemblage;.
- Estimate ancestry from skeletal remains;.
- Identify and define traumatic lesions on human skeletal remains;.
- Understand how to produce a professional report on the results of the analysis;.
- Understand the ethical considerations of importance to physical anthropologists and forensic anthropologists..