In this course, you will :
- Recognize pushy behaviour when dealing with a customer.
- Summarize the purpose of conversation reframing.
- Determine the advantages of using partnering language.
- Determine the best way to respond to a customer who requests to speak with a manager.
- Determine which statements can be used to acknowledge a customer's problem.
1. Pre-empt an Escalation
- Three reasons situations escalate and how to stop the cycle
- Positive positioning with customers
- The principle of don't push
- Manage expectations with customers
- Be regretful, but direct with customers
2. Three-Step De-escalation
- Recognize the customer's emotions
- Reframe the conversation
- Resolve the customer's issue
3. Double Your Effectiveness De-escalation
- Listen with the intent to understand
- Use partnering language with customers
- Dealing with your own frustration
- Dealing with demanding customers
4. Common Customer Issues
- When a customer asks for a manager
- When a customer disagrees with your policy
- Yelling or cursing customer
- Customer's request is not possible