In this course, you will:
- Learn how to handle basic data preparation tasks like filtering and renaming columns, as well as how to use data preview in Power BI to discover typical mistakes in datasets.
- Discover the primary data preview tools offered in Power Query and how they might assist you in summarizing the characteristics of your dataset.
- Understand how using Power Query to investigate your dataset can help you determine the data transformation tasks you need to perform.
- Learn how to split and merge text columns, reduce undesired characters from any text data, and apply prefixes to any text data in your dataset using some of the most standard text transformations.
- Discover some more complex Power Query transforms. This includes transforming numerical columns with logarithmic and square root transformations, rounding numerical data, and extracting month and week names from date columns.
- Profiling your Data and Introduction to Power Query
- Data Preview features in Power Query
- Data Manipulation
- Numerical transformations in Power Query