In this course, you will learn :
- Crowdfunding, the practice of raising small amounts of money from large numbers of people, has enabled people around the world to start new businesses, fund initiatives, and raise money for themselves and others.
- Yet, not all crowdfunding efforts reach their desired goal. Why do some succeed, while others fail?
- This course will reveal the science behind successful crowdfunding, drawing on data from hundreds of thousands of campaigns. You’ll learn different types of crowdfunding approaches, and receive detailed advice on what to do (and what not to do) when crowdfunding.
- You’ll also have the unique opportunity to go behind-the-scenes with key players in the field with exclusive interviews from the founder of Indiegogo to successful campaign creators, to get the information you need to set your crowdfunding initiative up for success.
- This module was designed to give you a deep understanding of what crowdfunding is and what it does. You’ll learn the definition of crowdfunding, compare the two most prevalent types—equity and reward-based—and understand how crowdfunding is different from other approaches to raising capital.
- You’ll explore critical components of crowdfunding, and discover the importance of community and social networks in a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- By the end of this module, you’ll gain a better understanding of how crowdfunding works, and use your power of social connections to ensure success for your campaign.