In this course, you will :
- Learn about the origins of crochet, the crochet boom of the 1960s, its rising popularity in the fashion industry, and its meditative benefits.
- Examine the course materials before diving into basic crochet techniques such as the slip knot, a variety of stitches, and the use of a magic ring.
- Learn some more advanced crochet stitches, such as the double and treble crochet stitches.
- walks you through her creative process for getting ideas.
- Learn how to find references in nature, other artists' artwork, and Pinterest boards.
- Learn decorative crochet techniques to help you embellish and shape your pieces.
- Discover how to make a wearable brooch by adding a pin, a decorative wall hanging by combining various pieces on an embroidery hoop, or a crochet aquarium arrangement in a glass globe.
1. Gathering Materials and Learning Basic Crochet Stitches
- Basic Crochet Techniques
- Creating Sea Life with Crochet
2. Preparing for Work
- Choosing a Colour Palette
- Transferring References to Crochet
- Finding Inspiration
3. Crocheting the Sealife
- Creating Corals
- Creating a Shell
- Creating a Fish
- Creating Seaweed
- Shaping and Embellishing the Crochet Work
4. What to Do with Crochet Sea Life
- Creating Larger Pieces
- Making a Crochet Brooch