In this course, you will :
- Learn to version your files and take your source code to the next level with Git and GitHub from the ground up.
- Develop a solid understanding of Git and GitHub fundamentals.
- Learn how to set up Git repositories that are linked to GitHub.
- Git can be used not only in the terminal, but also with the GitHub Desktop.
- Understand the Basics of Distributed Version Control Systems.
1. Versioning with Git and GitHub
- What is a Version?
- What is Version Control?
- Git and its Distributed Version Control System
2. Setting up Your Environment
- Installing and Configuring Git
- GitHub Overview: Creating an Account
3. Git Fundamentals
- Git Lifecycle
- Showing Hidden Files
- Creating a Local Git Repository in Your Machine
- Versioning Lifecycle in Practice using Git Locally
- Viewing the History of your Git Repository
4. GitHub Fundamentals
- Versioning Lifecycle in Practice using GitHub
- Cloning Repositories in GitHub
- A Graphical User Interface for Git: GitHub Desktop