In this course, you will learn :
- Determine the warning signs and indicators of the various types of child abuse and neglect.
- Describe the key elements of child protection legislation and policy that apply to your school.
- Examine how child abuse and neglect prevention fits into the school curriculum, and become acquainted with the most effective pedagogies for implementing prevention initiatives.
- Consider your role as a mandatory reporter and member of staff in a child-safe organisation.
1. Recognising child abuse and neglect
- Impact of maltreatment
- Why does this happen?
- Recognising the signs
2. Reporting child abuse and neglect
- The legislation
- Reporting suspected abuse
- Supporting students in class