In this course, you will learn :
- The fundamentals of Blockchain technology, including cryptography, mining, public and private keys, and smart contracts.
- How Blockchain powers the most popular cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, by delving into how it is generated, transacted, and the requirements for participating as an exchange, trader, or miner.
- Jonathan also places Blockchain in a broader, more global context, delving into unique Blockchain implementations in decentralised finance, nonfungible tokens, cross-border payments, identity management, and title registries.
1. The Value of Blockchain Technology
- What's the business case for blockchain?
- The essential features of blockchain technology
- Exploring blockchain functions beyond the basics
2. How Does Blockchain Work?
- What is distributed ledger technology (DLT)?
- The keys to cryptography
- Understanding miners and proof of work
3. How Blockchain Enables Cryptocurrencies
- Brief history of Bitcoin
- How to acquire and use cryptocurrencies
- Exploring altcoins and crypto tokens
4. The Blockchain Universe
- Difference between public and private blockchains
- What are smart contracts?
- Understanding non-fungible tokens (NFTs)
- The emergence of decentralized finance (DeFi)
5. Blockchain in Context
- Blockchain use case: Cross-border payments
- Blockchain use case: Identify management
- Blockchain use case: Title registries