In this course, you will learn:
- About the National CAD Standard (NCS), and look at sheet numbering, approved border formats, text styles, and lineweights as they relate to NCS.
- About the BIM Level of Detail, COBie and IFC formats, assigning a project CAD lead, reviewing the QA and QC process, and more.
- Why CAD standards are important to your firm, and what actually goes into a successful standards implementation.
- Using the exercise files
1. Introduction to Standards
- Why standards are so important
- The CAD manager
- The BIM manager
- The VDC (virtual design and construction) manager
- Graphical standards and process standards
2. National CAD Standard (NCS)
- What is the NCS?
- Looking at sheet numbering
- Approved border formats
- Text styles
- Reviewing line weights
3. BIM Execution
- Examining the BIM Level of Detail (LOD)
- Looking at BIM execution agreements
- Looking at COBie
- Looking at IFC
4. Standards Adherence
- Assigning a project CAD lead
- Reviewing the QA and QC process
- The committee
- The manual