In this course, you will :
- Explain what a governing body is and what a charity board's roles, duties, and responsibilities are.
- Identify your own conflicts of interest, consider the suitability of your potential appointment as a board member, and contribute to conflict resolution.
- Investigate a charity that you are considering joining as a board member and evaluate key indicators to help you determine how the charity is performing.
- Consider the importance of reputation in the charity sector, explain the board's role in reputation management, and describe concrete steps the board can take to manage the reputation of their charity.
1. Find out about the charity
- Get to know the charity's rules
- Check the charity's financial health
2. Find out about the role and if it suits you
- Check if you have a conflict of interest
- Reputation matters
- Handling complaints properly
- Deciding whether to join the charity's board