In this course, you will :
- Understand the concepts of voltage, resistance and current.
- Use Ohm's Law to calculate voltage, current and resistance.
- Use Kirchhoff's Laws to calculate voltage and current.
- Understand the meaning of and calculate energy and power.
- Use resistors in various configurations, like in voltage dividers and voltage ladders.
- Read the value of a resistor from its package.
- Use pull-up and pull-down resistors.
- Understand the use of capacitors.
- Use capacitors as energy stores and filters.
- Calculate the RC time constant of a capacitor.
- Understand diodes.
- Measure the voltage drop of a diode.
- Understand how to use rectifier and zener diodes.
- Protect a circuit from reverse polarity.
- Understand how to use a transistor to control low and high power loads.
- Calculate the currents and base resistor for a bipolar transistor.
- Use the correct voltage regulator for any circuit..
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with minimal experience using an Arduino
- Anyone with minimal experience using any prototyping platform
- Anyone with a need to brush up their knowledge of basic electronics