In this course, you will :
- Learn how to create policies in an AWS account to control access.
- Understanding AWS's policy structure will help you learn about AWS APIs and how to configure access.
- Real-world examples will help you understand how IAM evaluates access.
- Learn how to secure an AWS account by following best practises and avoiding common pitfalls.
1. Access Control Basics
- Where IAM controls access
- Access elements: Principal
- Access elements: Resource, Action, and Metadata
- CloudTrail logging
2. IAM Policies
- Filters: Principal, Resource, and Action
- Filters: Condition
- AWS IAM Policy types: identity-based and resource-based
- AWS IAM Policy types: SCP, SP, and PB
- AWS IAM policy editor
3. Request Evaluation Flow and Examples
- Evaluation flow
- Allow access
- Deny access
- Using conditions
- Restricted resources
4. How to Secure an AWS Account
- How to Secure an AWS Account
- Security as an AWS administrator
- Security as a developer