In this course, you will learn:
- How to set up and maintain an Amazon Web Services account.
- Regions, Availability Zones, and Virtual Private Clouds are all basic AWS concepts (VPCs).
- The AWS SDKs are easy to instal and utilise.
- How to access AWS computing services both programmatically and through the AWS Console.
- How to use Amazon RDS and other AWS managed services.
- Learn how to utilise Amazon AI's image and text-to-speech apps.
- How to improve the durability, distribution, and availability of your applications.
1. Welcome to the Course
- Welcome to Building on AWS
- Meet the instructors
- Discussion: Introduce yourself
- What are we building this course? Project Intro
- Intro to Week 1
2. Getting Started on AWS
- Why should I (developer) build on the AWS cloud?
- AWS Free Tier
- Exercise 1: Creating an AWS Account
- Service-Oriented Architectures and APIs in AWS
- Exercise 2: Hello Amazon EC2
3. Cloud Infrastructure and Responsibility
- Understanding AWS Infrastructure
- Networking: Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- AWS vs Developer responsibility in the cloud
- EC2 Metadata
- Exercise 3 - Logs, SSH, instance metadata
4. Invoking AWS APIs/ AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Create an AWS IAM user/access key video
- Exercise 4: AWS IAM user, CLI, Boto, access keys
5. Amazon S3
- Intro to Amazon S3
- Amazon S3 Access Control
6. Working with our Development Environment
- Developing on AWS Cloud
- Exercise 5: AWS Cloud 9
7. Amazon Rekognition
- Introduction to Amazon Rekognition
- Exercise 6: Amazon Rekognition
8. Storing Structured Data using AWS Managed Databases
- AWS IAM Roles
- Amazon Relational Database Service
- Exercise 7: Amazon RDS
9. Availability and Application Failure
- What could go wrong?
- Elastic Load Balancer
- Exercise 8: Deploy an instance add ALB
10. Adding Support for Users and Private Data to the Application
- Amazon Cognito
- Authorization Flows in Our Application
- Securing the Connection to the Server with TLS
- End-to-End and At Rest
- Using SSH Tunnel to Connect to C9
- Exercise 9: Adding Amazon Cognito