In this course, you will learn :
- Create custom variables, advanced tagging techniques, advanced tag management techniques, modifying page contents, and server-side tagging are all covered by instructor Michael Taylor.
- demonstrates how to collect data for custom variables.
- walks you through advanced tagging techniques such as measuring how many users read each post and using Google Analytics' full Enhanced ECommerce implementation.
- demonstrates how to use Google Tag Manager to modify your page's content.
- explores some naming conventions and templates to help track and standardise your projects, then explains how to ensure GDPR and CCPA cookie consent compliance.
- also explains the three major advantages of server-side tagging and how to obtain them
1. Custom Variables in the Data Layer
- Reading values from URLs, cookies, and page elements
- Tracking blog post meta data for content analytics
- Capturing e-commerce product value from the cart
2. Advanced Tagging Techniques
- Identifying users that read your content with scroll depth
- Using hidden form fields to record marketing source
- Setting up Google Analytics Enhanced ECommerce
- Implementing Facebook dynamic retargeting ads
3. Modifying Page Contents
- Connecting Google Tag Manager to Google Optimize
- Website personalization by marketing campaign
- Modifying search engine optimization tags
4. Tag Management Process
- Naming conventions for tags, triggers and variables
- Standardizing and reusing tags with templates
- Complying with GDPR and CCPA cookie consent
5. Server-Side Tagging
- Speed, security and control: benefits of server-side tagging
- Get started with server-side tagging and Google Analytics
- Implement the Facebook Ads server-side tracking pixel
- Pushing events to a data warehouse for advanced analysis
- Google Tag Manager and Firebase for mobile apps