In this course, you will :
Create characters using a powerful, dynamic, simple and authentic technique.
Break open a script or monologue from any acting medium.
Build confidence as an actor and performer.
Audition with more autheniticiy and power.
Have an in-depth understanding of what's required for complete and compelling character analysis.
1. Approaching The Text
- Overall Objective: If my character's life depended on it!
- Scene Objective: What do I want now?!
- Obstacles: The physical, mental and emotional background of the character
- Substitution: To whom am I speaking?
- Inner Objects: What does that person, place, event or object mean?
2. The Text: Breaking Open The Character
- Beats, Actions and Tactics: What are the tools to get me what I want?
- Moment Before: The energetic and emotional setup
- Doings: Acting is doing
- Inner Monologue: What I can't say out loud
- History: The biography of my character
- Let It Rip!: Playing is not practicing
3. A Little Professional Advice
Auditioning: Some dos and some don'ts