In this course, you will :
- Create an interactive three-dimensional (3D) representation of SARS-CoV-19 (Coronavirus) protein structures and publication-quality images of the same, understand the properties of the SARS-CoV-19 genome, handle biological sequence data stored in FASTA, PDB (Protein Data Bank), and XML format, and derive insights from this data using Biopython
- This hands-on project will also provide you with an overview of the tasks that a Bioinformatician performs on a daily basis, as well as current concepts and database use cases in the field of Medical Research and Human Genetics.
- Also cover the fundamentals of important databases used by biologists and biotechnologists, as well as the types of sequence data we can access and visualise using Biopython and Jupyter notebook.
- Introduction to Biopython
- Understand FASTA file format
- Sequence manipulation using Biopython
- Transcription & Translation studies
- Perform Basic Local Alignment using NCBI-BLAST
- Reading PDB file
- Visualizing SARS-CoV-19 Protein structures