In this course, you will :
- Create beautiful poetry that touches the heart.
- Learn how to write lovely metaphors and similes.
- By the end of the course, you should have written your own poem.
- Get examples and analysis of poetry by great poets.
1. Poetry basics
- Psychology, science, and philosophy of Imagery to evoke emotion with poetry
- "Slice of life" and "Art is not what but how"
- Rhyme schemes
2. Poem structure
- What makes writing a poem and not prose - poetry definition
- Start with single line or "pretty" idea
- Starting with writing just one line of a poem
- Example of a bad beginner poem
- Next step up - the Haiku
- 4-line poem that can also be a song chorus
- Turning the short poem into a longer poem: 16-28 original lines
3. How to become better as a poet
- How to improve and an intellectual challenge for poets for growth
- Editing, editing, and more frustrating editing
- Open mics
5. Your poetry book on Amazon and Kindle
- Introduction to creating your poetry book and performing
- Complete setup process to publish your book on the Kindle
- How to create a book cover on your own and quickly