In this course, you will learn :
- How to use Wireshark, a free, open-source packet analysis tool used by network administrators all over the world, to analyse network problems.
- How to get the most out of Wireshark in order to better evaluate your network and keep traffic moving in this course.
- How to visualise delays by using time as a metric. In addition, you can learn about some of Wireshark's most useful tools, such as TCP, I/O, and flow graphs.
- Discover how to visualise transmission errors and identify common attack signatures.
1. Traffic Capture and Analysis
- Getting the most out of Wireshark
- Navigating the Wireshark interface
- Investigating the Edit menu choice
- Exploring the View menu choice
- Getting ready to capture
- Examining a capture
2. Using Time as a Metric
- Displaying time
- Viewing details and expert information
- Graphing the TCP streams
3. Wireshark Tools
- Viewing conversations and endpoints
- Creating a flow graph
- Plot an I/O graph
4. Recognizing Abnormal or Malicious Traffic
- Troubleshooting the network
- Spotting an ARP storm
- Identifying bursty traffic
- Protecting from packet sniffing
- Examining macof attacks