In this course, you will :
- Use wireshark as an advanced user.
- Apply successfully for network admin jobs.
- Work as a freelancer using wireshark skills learned in this course.
- See how to add a wireshark certificate to your LinkedIn profile!
1. Welcome to Wireshark! What is it, why should you learn it, and networking basics
- Introduction to Wireshark. What is Wireshark and why should you learn it?
- Basic networking terms and concepts
- OSI model: What it is, different layers, and why is it important to understand.
- How to get a certificate + add Wireshark to your LinkedIn profile certifications
- How to get help with questions and solve problems in the course.
2. Getting Started with Wireshark. How to set it up, install, and the interface.
- Wireshark installation and setup (Linux environment).
- Wireshark interface
- Deeper into the wireshark interface
3. Key functions for use within wireshark.
- Protocol filters
- IP and port filtering
- HTTP packet analysis
- Demonstrating how credentials can be stolen over insecure networks.
4. Firewalls and Unauthorized Traffic with wireshark.
- Wireshark and Linux firewall interaction
- Demonstration of detecting unauthorized traffic
5. Introduction to Wireshark Command Line Interface and Tshark.
- Wireshark command line interface overview.
- Wireshark CLI first usage introduction.
- T Shark file output.
- Tshark timer limits.
- Tshark splitting output files.
- Difference between display and capture filters in CLI
- Field separation.
6. Network Card Modes: Motioning and Remote Capture.
- Network card modes walk through.
- How to enable monitor mode.
- Deeper into enabling monitor mode.
- Capturing remote traffic.
- Decrypting remote wireless traffic.
7. Tshark Output Formatting.
- Formatting output to a .csv file.
- Exporting packet contents.
8. Wireshark and Nmap Interaction.
- Wireshark and Nmap interaction introduction.
- Deeper into the Wireshark and Nmap interaction.
9. Tunneling Wireshark Traffic Online.
- SSH tunneling to Wireshark introduction.
- SSH tunneling to Wireshark second steps.
- More about SSH tunneling to Wireshark.
- Finishing SSH tunneling to Wireshark.
10. Traffic monitoring on a proxy server, log file overview + wireshark live capture
Proxy server traffic monitoring