In this course, you will :
- Explore the visual design principles required to create powerful compositions, such as scale, hierarchy, balance, contrast, and others.
- Learn about the Gestalt Principles and how they affect how we interpret our work.
- Before delving into design dominance, learn how to create flow in your composition using a F or Z-path.
- Pablo introduces you to visual elements such as copy and buttons, as well as how to read a brief.
- Hear Pablo's tips for improving your typography, from typeface selection to balancing, spacing, and font size selection.
- Before experimenting with different visual styles, learn about the impact of colour on your composition and how to use photos, illustrations, and icons in Figma.
- Create a concept and choose the best option while keeping the project brief and requirements in mind. Create a visual style guide that includes typography, colour, and button styles. On Figma, create a high-fidelity mockup of your landing page.
- Learn how to animate your components by adding simple interactions. Then add links between pages and launch a modal. Pablo concludes the course by walking you through the process of sharing your prototype with the rest of the world.
1. Visual Design Foundations
- Composition and Visual Design Principles
- Gestalt Principles Used in Design
- Visual Hierarchy
- Affordances in UI
2. Visual Elements
- Intro to Visual Elements and Understanding the Brief
- Basic Composition in Figma
- Creating a Color Palette
- Graphics and Icons
- Visual Styles
3. Putting it All Together
- Sketching a Wireframe
- Defining Your Visual Style Guide
- Building a High-Fidelity Mock-up
- Buttons Interactions
- Linking to Pages and Modals
- Sharing Your Prototype