In this course, you will :
- Learn how to use the necessary hand tools, understand how wood is shaped, and create your very own solid wood furniture piece that will stand the test of time.
- Investigate the influences that have shaped their style and techniques, and start researching your own influences.
- Jack then goes over the course tools and offers some purchasing advice.
- Learn what to look for in a hand tool workbench and start preparing your workspace. Learn about the hand plane and how to set it up and hold it correctly.
- Learn about the spokeshave and chisel and their various uses in woodworking. Examine the various tools used by your teachers to sharpen blades and learn how to use them. Then, learn about the factors to consider when selecting and preparing timber.
- View an overview of the stool you're about to build as well as your design plans. Prepare and dimension the necessary components before beginning to drill and shape your timber pieces. Make your wedges and put your stool together.
1. Tools and Materials
- Tool List
- Introduction to the Workbench
- Introduction to the Plane and Block Plane
- Spokeshave and Chisel
- Sharpening Blades
- Timber Selection
2. Making a Milking Stool
- Introduction to Stools and Plans
- Component Preparation and Dimensioning
- Cutting Chamfer and Assembly