In this course, you will learn :
- Explain how viruses cause illnesses and pandemics.
- Discuss how sequence data can be used to detect and track the SARS-CoV-2 virus and its variants.
- Describe the development and action of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and therapeutics.
- Examine the role of genomic epidemiology in pandemic planning.
- Explain how data sharing aids in the development of effective pandemic response strategies.
- The differences between pandemics, epidemics, and outbreaks
- SARS-CoV-2 genomics and variants
- COVID-19 vaccines and therapeutics
- Introduction to genomics surveillance and epidemiology
- Lessons for future public health emergencies