By taking this class you will be able to:
- Name the key chemical compounds involved in tea processing.
- Name and describe the key chemical reactions involved in tea processing.
- Identify how each stage supports the development of desirable compounds.
- Identify how each stage helps inhibit the development of undesirable compounds.
- Describe the nature and flavor contributions of the chemical compounds developed during tea processing.
- Name the different groups of polyphenols in tea and identify their role in tea’s flavor.