In this course, you will :
- Define the strategic planning principles.
- Determine the market forces that are used to evaluate the market.
- Explain the process of conducting a SWOT analysis.
- Explain how to develop guiding principles and set goals.
- Explain the purpose of strategic filters.
- Describe the steps involved in the strategic planning process.
1. Before You Begin Planning
- Understanding the principles of strategic planning
- Avoiding major strategic planning risks
- Strategic planning process: Overview
- Strategic planning process: Tactical needs
2. Defining the Strategic Environment
- Assessing the market
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Extracting insights from a SWOT analysis
3. Setting Your Strategic Direction
- Defining the direction
- Creating a mission statement
- Defining the organizational vision
- Refining the mission and vision
- Guiding principles and goals
4. Determining How You'll Compete
- Core competencies: Starbucks example
- Focusing with core competencies
5. Evaluating and Prioritizing Opportunities
- Understanding strategic filters
- Creating strategic filters
- Applying strategic filters
- Comparing and prioritizing initiatives
- Conducting deep analysis of high priority ideas
- Initiative prioritization: Drawing the line
6. Assessing Your Initiative Portfolio
- Applying the 2x2 matrix
- Creating multiple diversification views
- Assessing initiatives over time
7. Organizing for Success
- Planning resources
- The ongoing prioritization process
- Running the strategic planning process