In this course, you will :
- Identify a subset of data needed from a column or set of columns and write a SQL query to limit to those results.
- Use SQL commands to filter, sort, and summarize data.
- Create an analysis table from multiple queries using the UNION operator.
- Manipulate strings, dates, & numeric data using functions to integrate data from different sources into fields with the correct format for analysis.
1. Getting Started and Selecting & Retrieving Data with SQL
- What is SQL Anyway?
- Data Models, Part 1: Thinking About Your Data
- Data Models, Part 2: The Evolution of Data Models
- Data Models, Part 3: Relational vs. Transactional Models
- Retrieving Data with a SELECT Statement
- Creating Tables
- Creating Temporary Tables
- Adding Comments to SQL
2. Filtering, Sorting, and Calculating Data with SQL
- Basics of Filtering with SQL
- Advanced Filtering: IN, OR, and NOT
- Using Wildcards in SQL
- Sorting with ORDER BY
- Math Operations
- Aggregate Functions
- Grouping Data with SQL
- Putting it All Together
3. Subqueries and Joins in SQL
- Using Subqueries
- Subquery Best Practices and Considerations
- Joining Tables: An Introduction
- Cartesian (Cross) Joins
- Inner Joins
- Aliases and Self Joins
- Advanced Joins: Left, Right, and Full Outer Joins
4. Modifying and Analyzing Data with SQL
- Working with Text Strings
- Working with Date and Time Strings
- Date and Time Strings Examples
- Case Statements
- Data Governance and Profiling
- Using SQL for Data Science