After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Collect data from various social media sources such as YouTube, Twitter, and Flickr using various Application Programming Interface (API) services.
- Use methods such as correlation, regression, and classification to derive insights about the sources and people who generated the collected data, which is primarily structured.
- Examine unstructured data, primarily textual comments, for sentiments expressed.
- Collect, analyse, and explore social media data using various tools for research and development purposes.
1. Introduction to Data Analytics
- Structured vs. Unstructured Data
- Analyzing Structured Data
- Visualization of Data
2. Collecting and Extracting Social Media Data
- Introduction to Python Programming
- Using Python to Extract Data from Twitter
- Using Python to Extract Data from YouTube
3. Data Analysis, Visualization, and Exploration
- Analyzing Social Media Data Using Python
- Introduction to R
- Social Media Data Analysis with R
4. Case Studies
- Sentiment Analysis with Twitter Data
- Text Mining of Twitter Data