In this course, you will learn :
- Simple fillet welded connections should be designed.
- Determine the tensile strength of a fillet welded connection.
- Determine whether a given simple fillet welded connection is strong enough to withstand a given set of loads.
- When designing a fillet welded connection, be aware of the requirements of the AISC Specification for Structural Steel Buildings.
- Electrode types
- Transverse Welds
- Shear Strength of Base Metal
- Summary of Strength Calculations
- Size and Length Limitation