In this course, you will learn:
- In sign innovation, distinguish between continuous variation and discrete componentiality.
- Define the term "linguistic typology" in your own words.
- Using observational and neurolinguistic research on the morphological continuum, explain the likely explanations for typological discrepancies within ASL morphology.
- Natural sign language acquisition stages and milestones.
- Compare and contrast L1 and L2 sign language pedagogies.
- Identify the grammatical characteristics that can be found in both home sign and mature community sign languages.