In this course, you will :
- Distinguish between continuous variation and discrete componentiality in sign innovation
- Define the term "linguistic typology"
- Describe the potential reasons for typological differences within ASL morphology according to observational and neuro-linguistic research on the morphological continuum.
- Stages and milestones in natural sign language acquisition
- Compare sign language pedagogies for L1 and L2 learning
- Identify the characteristic features of grammar that occur in both home sign and mature community sign languages