In this course, you will :
- Learn about the standard sign painting tools and materials required. Christopher explains the history of sign painting and introduces you to traditional lettering styles.
- Discover the magic of hand lettering techniques as Christopher shows you how to hold the brush and make precise, controlled strokes. After that, begin sketching your design and learning how to prepare your sign for painting.
- takes you through the process of painting each layer of your sign with different colours, step by step. As you bring your design to life, use what you've learned about brush handling and clean brush strokes.
- Learn how to make special effects and make any necessary adjustments.
- shows you how to add a clear coat of varnish before showing you how to mount or frame your sign.
1. Sign Painting Preparation
- Presentation of Supplies
- History of Sign Painting
- Hand-Painted Lettering Techniques
- Project Ideation, Sketching, and Refinement
- Sign Prep and Image Transfer
2. Let's Make a Sign
- Painting Your Sign Blue
- Painting Your Sign Red
- Painting Your Sign Yellow
- Finishing and Hardware
3. Making Your Sign Shine!
- Sharing Your Sign on Social Media
- Using Your Skills to Do Good in Your Community