You will be able to:
- Explain why users need to know where they are, where they can go, and what is on a web page by the end of the course.
- Create web page wireframe mockups.
- Recognize the primary functional elements of web pages
- Create page designs with Bootstrap components.
- Convert data to HTML using the Handlebars template library.
1. Responsive Web Design: Course overview
- Web design principles
- Usability and user experience
- Where can you go?
- What is here?
- Guidelines for design
- Design examples
2. Realising design principles in code
- Basic Bootstrap set up
- Collapsible navbars
- Building out the site
- Responsive grid
- Bootstrap themes
3. Adding content to websites
- Separating structure and content
- Putting data into templates
- Displaying different data with the same template
- Displaying the same data with different templates, Use a Bootstrap modal
4. Building a full gallery app
- Storing objects in arrays and displaying them with a template
- Dynamically displaying single images from an array
- Implementing a search function
- Data structure for a complete image gallery
- Writing the templates for the gallery
- Switching displays in the gallery