In this course, you will learn:
- Become familiar with the foundations of embedded systems.
- Learn how to create a real-time operating system from scratch.
- Learn how to write C code and how to debug it.
- Create a personal fitness device while learning about modular design.
- Discover the benefits of Bluetooth communication.
1) Introduction to I/O using the BSP and debugging
- Learn about Keil compiler and debugger
- Understand what the MK-II booster pack measures
- Learn how to perform timing profiles of the software system
2) Thread management for a personal fitness device
- Multiple threads
- Real-time periodic threads
- Spinlock semaphores
- Round-robin scheduler
3) Thread synchronication and scheduling for a personal fitness device
- Timer-based real-time threads
- Thread sleeping
- Blocking semaphoresr with first come, first serve scheduler
4) Real-time operating system for a hand-held video game
- Edge triggered interrupts
- Blocking semaphores with priority scheduler
5) File system using the flash ROM of the microcontroller
- Logging data onto flash/playback of data
6) Bluetooth personal area network
- Interacting with the device from a smart phone