In this course, you will learn:
- Learn Python to explore the core concepts and structure of programming languages and helps you grasp what’s going on under the hood. After going over basic statements and expressions in Python, explores strings, variables, and conditional code—which are common topics in all programming languages.
- The fundamentals of programming
- Following along with the course
1. Programming Basics
- What is programming?
- What is a programming language?
- Writing source code
- Running your code
- Using an IDE
2. Programming Syntax
- Why Python?
- Installing Python on a Mac
- Installing Python on Windows
- Running Python on the command line on Mac (Change Title)
- Running Python on the command line on Windows
- Installing Visual Studio Code on a Mac
- Installing Visual Studio Code on Windows
- Running Python in an IDE
- Basic statements and expressions
- Troubleshooting issues
3. Variables and Data Types
- Introduction to variables and data types
- Variables across languages
- Working with numbers
- Working with strings
- Properly using whitespace
- Working with comments
- Challenge: What's the output?
- Solution: What's the output?
4. Conditional Code
- Making decisions in code
- Exploring conditional code
- Working with simple conditions
- Conditionals across languages
- Challenge: Guessing game
- Solution: Guessing game
5. Modular Code
- Introduction to functions
- Creating and calling functions
- Setting parameters and arguments
- Functions across languages
- Challenge: Favorite cities
- Solution: Favorite cities