What you will learn
- Learn classifications of drones (UAVs) according to technology focus and use.
- Gain an understanding of the commercial and research capabilities of drones including sensors, platforms, navigation, power source, propulsion, payloads, command, communication and control, range, altitude, speed, wide area surveillance.
- Develop a crucial systems view of drones with hardware and software including data collection, storage, and analytical requirements, and systems life cycle with needs and purpose: assessment, goals/objectives, requirements, testing and training.
- Compare US Federal government airspace policy and regulations with other nations.
- Establish expertise in risk factors and counter technologies including cyber and physical threats to drone systems and the ethical use of drones.
- Apply insights to forecasting, command and control, disaster relief operations, structural analysis, recovery, delivery of supplies, according to disaster types and hazard origin - natural, (storms, earthquakes, wildfires, etc.); etc.