In this course, you will learn :
- Step-by-step instructions for making a pop-up book, including cutting, assembling, pasting, adding hinges, and binding.
- Various pop-up techniques for solid and functional construction and you'll be making your own pieces in no time!
- Silvia offers some advice on laying the groundwork for a good piece; knowing how to use the tools and understanding the materials is essential for good pop-up craft.
- Then, begin working on your first mechanism exercises to aid in the development of natural hand movements and the development of structures for your own creations.
- Dive right into the most creative part of the process, the development of your idea, while adhering to the methodology you've chosen for writing your own book.
- Once your project has been defined, begin building each of the pages all the way up to their final assembly and binding.
1. Paper Engineering
- 3-dimensional mechanisms
- Two-dimensional mechanisms
- The role and anatomy of the book
- Materials, tools and recommendations before starting
2. Production of our book
- Production phases
- Page 1
- Page 2
- Page 3 (part 1)
- Page 3 (part 2)
- Page 4
- Page 5
- Assembly of the body and book covers
3. Beyond pop-up
- I want to propose something
- Expand your horizons