In this course, you will learn:
- Explain the rhetorical triad and how it can be used to persuade others.
- Create an enticing and trustworthy presence (ethos).
- To increase understanding, create an emotional impact in your spoken and written communication.
- Create a sense of psychological safety among your project team and stakeholders.
1. The Logic, Emotion, and Presence Triad
- Aristotle’s Rhetorical Triad
- Logos - The Logic of Your Communication
- Pathos - The Emotions of Your Communication
- Ethos - Your Communication Presence
- Perfect Pitch Tool
2. Building an Effective Presence
- What is Stage Presence?
- Establishing Trust through Your Words
- Building Trust at a Distance
- Nonverbal Trust Building
- How To Up Your Presence Game
3. Using Emotions in Good Communication
- How Emotions Work in Communicating
- Crafting an Emotionally Compelling Message
- Communicating Bad News
- Blending Logos and Pathos
4. Psychological Safety and Persuasion
- Project Oxygen
- Defining Psychological Safety
- Building Psychological Safety on the Program or Project Team
- Psychological Safety with Logos and Pathos
- Troubleshooting Psychological Safety Issues