In this course, you will :
- Learn about modern calligraphy and the tools needed to create it, such as nibs and pen holders, as well as guide sheets.
- Before moving on to creating lowercase letterforms, the programme walks you through a series of warm-up exercises and basic strokes.
- Learn how to draw uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- See how you can use everything you've learned so far to create words that are proportionate and harmonious.
- Using Mathilda's exercises as a guide, experiment with your own personal calligraphy style. Then, learn about modern flourishing techniques that you can use to improve your calligraphy.
- To finish the course, listen to Mathilda's tips on how to care for your tools and improve your calligraphy skills.
1. Introduction to Modern Calligraphy and the Pointed Nib
- What Is Modern Calligraphy?
- Materials and Tools
- Warming up Your Hand with Basic Strokes
- Lowercase Letterforms
- Uppercase Letterforms
- Numbers and Symbols
- Joining It up to Create Beautiful Words
2. Making Your Artwork
- Choosing a Quote to Inspire Your Design
- Exploring Inks and Beautiful Papers
- Sketching Your Composition
- Creating and Refining Your Artwork with Ink
3. Exploring Modern Styles and Flourishes
- Exploring Your Style
- Introduction to Modern Flourishing Techniques
- Caring For Your Tools and Your Practice