In this course, you will :
- Understand the manufacturing and physics behind a Model S battery..
- Derive the mathematical equations behind an electric DC motor..
- Understand and harness the Physics behind a moving car..
- Derive the mathematical equations that govern the movements of a car..
- Implement Transfer Functions into Simulink..
- Implement Mathematical equations in Simulink through Matlab functions..
- Use and understand common Simulink blocks such as sums, constants, integrators, etc..
1. The Mathematical Model
- Design Brief and Objectives
- Battery Performance and Model Input
- Tesla Model S P85 Brushed DC Motor Equivalent
- The Forces at Play
- The Car's Plant Dynamics
2. Simulink Model Implementation
- Model Setup and Motor Transfer Function
- Complete car Dynamics Open Loop Model
- Testing the Open Loop Model
- PID Control Implementation
- Tuning and Testing the Complete Closed Loop Model
- In-Depth Analysis and Derivative Gain