In this course, you will learn:
- Freedom of expression, media freedom and information access are all fundamental concepts.
- Democratic media ecosystems require policy and practical components.
- Regulatory and other measures that promote media diversity and pluralism.
- In democratic media ecosystems, mechanisms of self-regulation, co-regulation, statutory regulation, and regulatory independence.
- Online media, online expression, and online information access have introduced new practical and policy elements.
- In support of democratic Africa media ecosystems, strategies for effective civil society participation with policy and practise are needed.
- The media's and journalists' reactions to the Covid-19 Pandemic.