In this course, you will learn :
- Fundamentals of IT Networking
- What are networks and how do they function?
- The concept of network addresses.
- The OSI Model of Networking.
- Subnets and Virtual Networks
- How the Internet's services work - DHCP, DNS, and ARP
- Wireless networking, as well as its security.
1. Network and it's elements
- What is a Network?
- What are Nodes?
- Concept of Intermediary Nodes
2. Types of Topologies
- What is a Topology?
- The traditional Bus Topology
- Ring Topology
3. Types of Networks
- Types of Networks
- PAN- Personal Area Networks
- LAN Vs MAN Vs WAN Networks
4. Networking Devices
- What is a Networking Repeater?
- What is a Networking Hub?
- What is a Networking Switch?
5. Network Addresses essentials
- Logical and Physical Network Address
- What are IP Addresses?
- What are MAC Addresses?
- Why the Hexadecimal notation?
6. Protocols governing the Network
- The OSI Network Model
- How the Upper Layers work?
- How the Lower Layers work?
- OSI explained with an example
7. Virtual Networks - VLANs
- What is a VLAN?
- Collision Domains and Broadcast Domains
- Sub Networks and Subnetting
8. Additional Networking Services
- The idea behind DHCP
- What is Domain Name System(DNS)
- What is Address Resolution Protocol(ARP)
9. Wireless Networking
- What are Access Points?
- Keys of the 4-way Handshake
- Summarizing 4-Way Handshake