In this course, you will learn:
- how to get started with this powerful, easy-to-use tool by helping you build your understanding of Vagrant components and the ecosystem that Hashicorp—the makers of Vagrant—provides to support Vagrant.
- how it can simplify the usage and deployment of virtual machines.
- how to create boxes of your own—and discusses Vagrant Cloud, an online box repository. He also shares tips and tricks that can help you work more efficiently with Vagrant.
- What you should know
- Install Vagrant and VirtualBox
1. Get Started with Vagrant
- What is Vagrant?
- Run your first box
2. Work with Boxes
- Box status
- Connect to a box
- Halting and destroying boxes
- Vagrant Cloud
3. Configure Boxes with Vagrantfiles
- Get started with Vagrantfiles
- Vagrant synced folders
- Vagrant networking
- Vagrant providers
- Vagrant provisioners
4. Vagrant Use Cases
- Application developer environment overview
- Creating a developer environment
- Vagrant multi-machine Vagrantfile
5. Vagrant Features and Services
- Create a base box, part 1
- Create a base box, part 2
- Upload a box to Vagrant Cloud
- Vagrant tips and tricks