In this course, you will learn:
- Reviewing Alexa basics
- Configuring skill functionality.
- Setting up your accounts and environment.Identifying
- Skills.building a custom Alexa skill.
- Testing skills.
- Expanding skills.
- Submitting a custom Alexa skill for certification
- Building Alexa Skills
- What you should know
1. Alexa Basics
- What is Alexa?
- Why is Alexa important?
- Create your Amazon account
- Installing Node.js and the IDE
3. Understanding Custom Skills
- Understanding the different Alexa skill models
- Components of a custom Alexa skill
4. Building a Custom Skill
- Description of the calculator skill
- Deconstructing the skill
5. Configuring the Skill
- Create the Alexa skill in the Developer Console
- Creating the addition functionality
- Creating the subtraction functionality
- Using the JSON Editor
6. Building the Handler Skill
- Set up the project
- Review LaunchRequestHandler
- Review additional standard handlers
- Code the add handler
- Create the subtract handler
- Create a Lambda function for the skill
7. Testing the Skill
- Test in the Alexa Developer Console
- Test on Echosim.io
- Test on an Echo device
8. Expanding the Skill
- Challenge: Multiplication and division
- Solution: Multiplication and division
- Challenge: Complete skill handler
- Solution: Complete skill handler
- Testing multiplication and division